Kate’s Webquest: http://www.questgarden.com/85/81/3/090801195942/index.htm
Her webquest is really good! It looks completely professional and ready for student use. It also looks like a really fun assignment. There are many helpful sites for the students to use, all the links worked too. I really like that she had the links open in a new window; it makes it a lot easier when a new page is open that way you don’t “lose” where you were at. This webquest seems to follow the rubric completely. There are 8 links with descriptions of what the links are, pictures with the each of the processes and the state standards are listed. My suggestion for improvement is making the text color a little darker. It may just be my eyes, but it is a little hard to read when the font is not bolded.
I think this webquest is a really fun and creative way to get students interested in travel while at the same time learning a second language. She also incorporated technology into her assignment which is a really easy way to keep students engaged since they all love technology so much. I would love doing an assignment like this in a Spanish class; it’s almost like the next best thing to total immersion. Great job, Katie! I really, really enjoyed this webquest.
Caitlin’s Webquest: http://www.questgarden.com/85/63/1/090729083734/index.htm
Caitlin’s webquest is a really great one! She has pictures that can be clicked to get you to other pages. This is a really creative way of posting links; one I didn’t even know could be done. It is a really polished looking page with very concise diretions. I really enjoyed the pictures with the 3 links underneath them for various artists; this is really important for ESL learners as they might not recognize the artists name, but might recognize their art.
She followed the rubric completely and actually went a bit beyond what was asked. I think this would be a really great lesson for her to use when she is teaching. The one recommendation I would give is for her to just recheck her grammar and syntax. There are some misspelled words and students are likely to pick up on that. Other than that, I think students would really enjoy this lesson and it is a great way to incorporate art and technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment