I didn't really need to read these articles to know that I wanted to offer technology in my classroom. Really, the whole class has been leading us to that conclusion. I think as teachers we need to be innovative, so if access is an issue we can try to find ways to fix that.
There have been several programs set up by teachers where you can trade teaching supplies, or put together wish lists or a site where you can get sponsored for field trips/class projects etc. If I am going to make technology a requirement in my class, I will be sure to provide the resources to do it. If I can't make that happen, I'll assign something else.
It would be an obvious disservice to my students if I didn't incorporate technology in my class because it is so important in today's workforce. There are ways to assign things that involve technology and providing the resources. It depends on what school you are in, or what district, but most schools have a computer lab.
There are many grants and opportunities available for schools and teachers, especially when it comes to technology. TEachers can also fund raise, partner up with the local library for school use on their computers or create a school wish list. Students really do need opportunities to explore the many advantages of technology; otherwise they are more likely to work low paying jobs because the mastery of these technologies helps in getting a job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you too Heather
ReplyDeleteThat is so true about we are being groomed to use technology in the classroom. Would we fail the class if we said we wouldn't? :)
ReplyDeleteBut on a another note I like what you said about the programs where teachers can fund raise such as TEacgers. I will have to look into that and some of the other websites the articles suggested.
I did not think about assigning something for the students who don't have access and I not sure if I would. I said I would give them more time to complete certain assignments if they needed it because of access problems. But technology is our friend and you are so right, we do have to set students up for success in the workforce. Thus technology is a MUST!
I agree, nice blog post! I think we have been asked this question so many times, of course after this class we are going to say yes. We just went through 4 weeks of being told how important it is to use it and how easy and available it is for students. It seems kind of redundant. But of course I now love the blog and wiki so I'm going to definitely use it!
ReplyDeleteارقام شركات مكافحة الحشرات بالرياض
ReplyDelete